Thursday, October 14, 2010

17 Week Check-in and Adventure.....

Well... we have almost 18 weeks down little one :)  Doing great so far - you're growing like a little weed (or whatever little fruit they say you are this week...) and getting both John and I REALLY excited to meet you in person.   The next few weeks will bring more wiggles and pokes from you - and apparently you will start to actually have some umph behind your kicks and punches!  Looking so much forward to really feeling you.  

Pretty amazing to think that time has flown by so much - it's almost 1/2 way through this pregnancy...and so much has happened in such a short time.   Houses were purchased (closing Nov. 5th!), lots of long talks about our future and where we'd like to be in 5 -10 years.  It's been an adventure so far and it's only just beginning.

Speaking of adventures...this mama is craving some FUN.  I feel like I've been sick...and so sleepy for the past few months and as a usually very active person this is kinda crazy making.   That being said - all kinds of 'responsibilities' are waiting for us... like actually packing for our move (LOL) and JB has school to work on that is taking up a ton of his time these days.    I guess I'm just craving a good weekend away... time to relax and have fun... be around friends and laugh and do something adventurous.   Maybe that's me feeling like I need last hoorah's before our sweet little one arrives.   Knowing FULL well our world will then be revolving around them - and filing them with as much love as humanly possible.   Which is a pretty awesome thing :)   Just very different from a fairly easy and carefree life we live now.

In any case - that's what's on my mind these days - wondering how other mom-to-be's feel - and how they come to a peaceful 'just right' place.  

Well... we go in for our gender ultrasound this next week and we are both dying to know what the little one will be.... I keep going back and forth with my prediction - and I'm trying not to get anything set in my mind either way.  It will most definitely make it more real.... :)   Not that the large belly isn't clue enough ;) LOL...

Speaking of... here is our little peanut in all its glory.... in my belly ;)

Much love

XOXO,
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment